The Einhorn Engineering Deck Socket Test Fixture is a hydraulically powered machine designed to conduct deck socket tension tests. It consists of a frame-mounted hydraulic cylinder and a hydraulic hand pump. The sockets are tested by screwing a hoist ring fitting into the socket and then applying the prescribed load to the ring.
There are two tests: the vertical test and the 45° test. For the vertical test, one deck socket is loaded vertically using the included basketed eyeless sling. For the 45° test, two deck sockets are tested simultaneously using the included 45° wire rope assembly.
The test fixture can be adapted to test different sizes of deck sockets and accurately apply various loads. Each system is calibrated and load-tested before delivery.
The Deck Socket Test Fixture is furnished with the following as standard equipment:
- The wheeled frame unit as depicted
- The required rigging to test both the straight pull and two 45 deg sockets (hoist rings excluded)
- Hydraulic hand pump with calibrated gauge
- Connecting hose to locate hand pump 10′ from test fixture
- Operating instructions (hard copy & electronic)
- Certificate of proof load test & calibration
- Storage case for rigging, hose, and hand pump
The following are available as optional equipment:
- Hoist rings sized for your deck sockets (qty. 2)
- Electric or pneumatic-powered hydraulic power unit (HPU) with handheld pendant control
- Wooden shipping crate
About Einhorn Engineering
Through the application of mechanical engineering and machine design, we work to provide solutions. Engineering services include:
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Analysis
- Project Management
- Fabrication and Construction Oversight
- Acceptance Testing
- Engineering Evaluation
We have planned and executed operations throughout the world, working with the commercial, scientific, and government sectors. Contact us to discuss our capabilities related to your project.